On Saturday, January 14, 2022, took place the course “Bone regeneration in the prevention, management and sequel of peri-implantitis” at the Official College of Dentists of Extremadura.
This course has been organized and sponsored by Ticare and was taught by Dr. Alberto Monje.
Participants were able to take advantage of the theory training received divided into the following topics:
- Etipathogenesis of peri-implantitis
- Decision tree in the management of peri-implantitis
- Regeneration as an element of prevention of peri-implantitis
- Reconstructive therapy in the management of peri-implantitis
- Regeneration for the management of the sequel caused by the extraction of Implants
The practical part was more limited and was received by 16 participants. In it, they deepened the knowledge previously acquired and implemented in animal jaws.
Dr. Alberto Monje explained to us that:
«Peri-implantitis can compromise the stability of dental implants. Accordingly, local factors such as the absence of bone in the vestibular area are associated with this type of pathology. The course will provide all the tools related to bone regeneration for the prevention, treatment and management of the sequelae caused by peri-implantitis»